cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft SQL Server error: Unable to create initial connections of pool

sivart_89
Advisor

I'm seeing a lot of errors logged at '/var/lib/dynatrace/remotepluginmodule/log/extensions/datasources/com.dynatrace.extension.sql-server/dynatracesourcesql.jar.log', ones such as the below. We are using the Microsoft SQL Server extension on 4 of our servers but this error is only logged on 3 of them. As far as I am aware we are not missing metrics but I guess because the extension (2.0) maybe is eventually failing over to the 1 server that can make the connection?

Has anyone seen this type of error before and know how to fix it?

[dca623fa-2197-3c1a-a5a2-c92b51c5202b][-5264616907942138161][1475450][err]SEVERE: Unable to create initial connections of pool.

2 REPLIES 2

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@sivart_89,

Not seen one before like that.

The errors you are seeing seem to be on the ActiveGate side. As metrics are flowing in, seems it might not be impacting measurements.

Maybe it would be better to open a Support ticket, Dynatrace should be able to dig into your other log lines and find out what the problem might be.

Antonio Sousa

vagiz_duseev
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Definitely would suggest to open a support ticket. We would need more details in addition to this log line. Generating support archive might be very helpful.

Featured Posts