cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor former Windows versions with an extension

erh_inetum
Advisor

Hi,

We want to monitor former Windows versions like Windows 2000 or Windows XP Professional.

We have seen there is not plugin developed for these versions. But there is one for Windows 2003 Server.

Is it possible to monitor Windows 2000 servers starting from the windows 2003 server plugin by making modifications? In this case, what modifications would be necessary to adapt it to windows 2000?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Elena.

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Interesting use case. First I'd recommend just trying the oneagent and see if it works. If not, you might need to work with Dynatrace support on how to monitor those legacy platforms. 

-Chad

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The functionality we use within the OneAgent makes it not possible to install it on Windows Server 2003 and older. It was due to this that I created the remote monitoring extension for 2003 in extension framework 1.0. I ran a test on 2000 when I created it and it kind of worked the same, but not all WMI queries were the same.

If were you I'd use the new WMI declarative extensions in Extension Framework 2.0 and have it execute the queries you're looking for. https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/extend-dynatrace/extensions20/wmi-extensions/

Mike

Mike

Featured Posts