cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PostgreSQL OneAgent extension - Can I monitor several bases?

Hello.

Customer have several bases.

In configuration only one name expected.

Can I monitor several databases?

Thanks.

Regards,

Alexander

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Alexander R.

Apologize that I could not understand the word bases (if it was not referred to as databases). Even though I would like to share the following information with you.

The global configuration is automatically applied to every PostgreSQL host in your environment. If necessary, you can override the global configuration at a single host level.

Regards,

Babar

I have tried different separators, like 'comma'

database1, database2, database3

database1;database2;database3

Also I have tried empy field

output:

Configuration error ("Database name" field cannot be empty)

Regards,

Alexander

Hello @Alexander R.

Did you do the configuration on the global level?

With PostgreSQL monitoring enabled globally, when a new host running PostgreSQL is detected in your environment, Dynatrace automatically collects PostgreSQL metrics, assuming that the same credentials are used by the PostgreSQL server or a new DB.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-support/application-software/other-technologies/su...

Regards,

Babar

It is enabled.

btw, in global configuration also I can see "Database name"

Regards,

Alexander

dglugla
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi @Alexander R.

the database name is required to connect to the PostgreSQL server, but the extension monitors all the DBs running on that server and accessible for this user, so you can actually pick any database.

BR, Darek

Empower Enterprise Apps and Services monitoring in Dynatrace

Thanks! It is great!

Regards,

Alexander

Interesting: since you have to supply a port - how is this supposed to work then? Shall I leave out the port and it will try to monitor every instance running on that host? To my experience this doesn't work. We would need a plugin for an ActiveGate to monitor several Postgres DBs on one box. Or maybe the OneAgent extension has been extended...

regards,

Torsten 

Dynatrace Master, Appmon Master

Featured Posts