cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a management zone in a alerting profile

Pranav1
Participant

1. Is it possible to create an alerting profile with more than one management zones included in it?

2. Can we add a tag to all the entities that comes under a management zone , without creating each rule for hosts, synthetics, services...etc ?by using a mz.

5 REPLIES 5

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi @Pranav1 

To question 1: No, it is not possible to include multiple Management Zones in one Alerting Profile. The API documentation shows that only one zone is selectable (no array).

andre_f_0-1660130926167.png

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

To question 2: As far as I know, this is not possible. Also, I would rather recommend adding automatically applied tags to entities and assigning the entities to management zones based on these tags.

Here the situation is there are many hosts, services, and other entities now the problem is the limit is 150 for an automatically applied tag.

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

I don't know the environment and the use case of course, but isn't it possible to use e.g. HostGroups as condition (to include many hosts) or to use "Apply to underlying hosts of matching process groups" / "Apply to all services by the process groups" (as an example for process groups)? To simply include many entities with as few rules as possible.

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Forgot to add the link to documentation alerting profiles API

Featured Posts