cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon and OneAgent in the same server

joseluis_hernan
Visitor

Hello,

We are in the processes to migrate ours AppMon agents to OneAgent, I need to install OneAgent in the same server as AppMon. In the server we have 4 tomcat instances (4 java classic Agents of AppMon).

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to install both Agents (AppMon et OneAgent) in the same server? I saw somme posts with a few information about that.

2. If the answer for 1 is yes, can I configure the OneAgent to limit the search in the server to avoid conflicts with AppMon?

Best regards,

Luis

2 REPLIES 2

lazaroyadrian_p
Organizer

Hello, you could basically install oneagent in infra-only mode on the same server where you already have Appmon.
If you installed oneagent in full stack mode, there would be a double injection of the bytecode and if I remember correctly oneagent would be disabled.
Another thing you could possibly do, if you want to have Oneagent in full stack with AppMon active is to disable deep-monitoring on tomcat processes where you already have AppMon.

richard_guerra
Advisor

If you do have the OneAgent running (infra-only, or full-stack with deep-monitoring disabled for tomcat), the 'host metrics' will go to Dynatrace, and will not be shown on the AppMon side (alongside the java/code metrics).

Featured Posts