cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dynatrace support monitoring AXway API gateway?

vinson_tan
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

I was searching through the forums on Axway API gateway and it seems that AppMon does not support instrumenting this API gateway due to the servlet engine it uses. Right now, I am assuming Dynatrace will have the similar issue. But I was wondering whether if we can use Dynatrace just to monitor all the web services calls in and out from the API gateway without the code details? I know from process connection dashboard we can see the various callees and callers services but we could not measure the response time and failure rate of each of these services other than those we can OneAgent installed. Anyone has tested out dynatrace with Axway API gateway?

5 REPLIES 5

chris_geebelen
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Vinson,

Maybe defining a custom service based on a method can be off help here?

Go to settings - server side service monitoring - custom services.

Chris

I plan to do that but I would still need to disable the servlet sensor pack to avoid the agent crashing the app.

Using custom services and request attributes (found by decompiling the code) it was possible to get insight into things like the URL and the response code. Reach out to me if you're interested in the details.

Mike

Michael, would appreciate if you can share the custom service detection rules and the request attributes to captured. I am going into a POC on AXway API gateway by end of this month. BTW, with this custom service detection rules, did you manage to see the serviceflow showing from API GW all the way to any backend services? I assumed the dynatrace http headers will still flow through to backend as long as the backend calls from API GW is standard web services calls. Another area I am not pretty sure is the RUM.

harald_berger
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi,

The servlet sensor and the UEM sensor in Dynatrace is also capable of capturing http headers, so it suffers from the same problems like AppMon. It is not a problem of our products, but of the instrumented servlet container, violating the servlet spec.

Best

Harry

Featured Posts