cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Associate Certification exam

tudis_lei
Newcomer
I am very excited about letting more people see the light of Dyantrace and preparing for the Dynatrace Associate Certification exam. I have a few questions:

Q1. On the https://university.dynatrace.com/certification/21181?content=preparation website, there is a "Dynatrace microlearning" session, but as a newcomer, the long list of videos feels a little bit overwhelming, is there a more specific learning path?

Q2. The "Dynatrace microlearning" session requires the user to log in to the website, is the 15-day free trial time limit also applied to these learning videos?

Q3. May I know the differences between the practice exam and the real one? For example, during the real exam, can I look up the learning videos, use the browser to search for information, or open some local .txt, .pdf files?

Thank you very much.
5 REPLIES 5

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@tudis_lei,

Some quick ideas below. I have done the Associate a long time ago, but quite sure all these apply:

• It's not an easy exam. You should study, but having practical experience on the Dynatrace Platform is a must.
  • The amount of videos you reference is proportional to the dimensions the Dynatrace Platform covers...
  • The exam is followed by a proctor. You will not be able to look up anything.
  • The real exam is much longer, but the practical exam gives you a good sense of what to expect.
  • If you have good knowledge of the underlying concepts, you should be able to do it in two months. That's, I would say, the reasonable amount of time to consider for preparation, if you have a good level of dedication.

Antonio Sousa

Thank you very much for the information.  

'The exam is followed by a proctor. You will not be able to look up anything.'

I still find this a little bit confusing.

I know webcam and microphone are required for the exam but I can't find the explaination about what are they used for.

Would you mind explaning a little more about how exactly is this rule applied?

Like, do I need to share the screen throughout the exam~?

Because it seems there is no related informatoin on the official website,

thank you again!

Hi @tudis_lei,

These are the standard rules for the exam, that will be sent out to you a day before:

• Alone in room.
  • Clear Desk and Area.
  • Connected to a powersource.
  • No phones or headphones.
  • No dual monitors.
  • No leaving seat.
  • No talking.
  • Webcam, speakers, and microphone must remain on throughout the test.
  • The proctor must be able to see you for the duration of the test.

The proctor (you'll connect with them through Zoom) will go through every point before the exam itself, but basically, you'll have to show through the webcam that the room and the desk are empty and there is no one else inside. 
The screen will be shared throughout the whole exam and the proctor will observe you through the webcam during it. 

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

Siva_Pyl
Visitor

@MaciejNeumann 

if I can't use Zoom in machine. can we use MS Teams ?

The test starts with Zoom, if you have any problems the supervisor will recommend using another platform.

Featured Posts