cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace One Agent Service missing after upgrading from Server 2008 R2 to Server 2012 R2

DaveG307
Newcomer

Hi, I have just recently upgraded one of our servers from Server 2008 R2 to Server 2012 R2. Now, even though the Dynatrace One Agent is still installed, the service is missing from the Services console. When I go into Programs and Features, I don't get the option to repair the installation. Do I just need to re-install the agent?

3 REPLIES 3

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@DaveG307,

Are you still getting information from the servers inside Dynatrace? If so, you can probably do a OneAgent diagnostics. It might be useful for Support. Also try to run "sc query" from the command line and check if it is there.

If it's not appearing in Dynatrace, check if the OneAgent directory structure exists in the servers. If so, you might be better off putting in a support ticket, as a reinstallation would probably not have a guaranteed result.

Antonio Sousa

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @DaveG307 

If the files are still present, as @AntonioSousa pointed out, then you could try to simply re-create the service from the command line, using sc.exe.

DaveG307
Newcomer

Thanks for the replies. In the end, I uninstalled the old agent and WinPCap, and installed the new agent. The servers were back in Dynatrace after a few minutes

Featured Posts