cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching availability % for all possible types of technology and processes available in Dynatrace using Dynatrace API

sagnikdasgupta
Newcomer

Hi , 

I wanted to know, for which of the technologies other than synthetics does Dynatrace API supports pulling the % availability ... As of now we are only doing it for synthetics but we want to expand to Processes groups, services , rums , hosts , dockers , dbs etc....

5 REPLIES 5

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Basically any entity in which you see the availability metric. SO Hosts, Processes, synthetics etc.. 

ChadTurner_1-1685038602046.png

You'll use the API Metrics query selector to grab the values of the availability over your defined time intervals. 

ChadTurner_2-1685038713115.png

-Chad

Thank you so much Chad , can you please provide me with some sample queries for % availability for monitors 

Queries will be unique to your use case. My recommendation is to try it out and use the data explorer for the metric values. 

ChadTurner_0-1685109727408.png

Than you'll add in further filtering criteria per your use case. 

-Chad

Mahdi24322
Frequent Guest

Hi @ChadTurner ,

In the same subject if you please can help for a specific case, 

I am looking for PROCESS AVAILABILITY % , and not PROCESS GROUP AVAILABILITY % 

I did not found it on the data explorer , is there any thing that I am missing ? 

thanks in advance 

Mahdi

@Mahdi24322  from the Data Explorer you'll want to search for 'Availability' and select the one that is for the Process Instances. (Cluster Version: 1.274.121.20230901-111004). Notice entity type is in fact the 'Process_Group_Instance'. Once selected you can filter and sort via the instance desired. 

ChadTurner_0-1693912967704.png

This can also be extended to the API via metrics. I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything additional.

-Chad

Featured Posts