cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a report that contains OS versions

Hi,

I'm keen to know if there's a way to generate a report that includes operating system version for a specific operating system in Dynatrace?

At present, using hosts page/API, I can segregate them based on OS but not OS version.

Any tips would be helpful.

Regards,

Srikanth

4 REPLIES 4

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello @SrikanthSamraj,

if you are using API v2 you can use, entities API, and below are samples:

Sample 1:

/api/v2/entities?entitySelector=type(host),osVersion("Windows Server 2016 Standard ver. ")&fields=+properties.osType,+properties.osVersion,+properties.monitoringMode

Sample 2:

/api/v2/entities?entitySelector=type(host)&fields=+properties.osType,+properties.osVersion,+properties.monitoringMode

you can adjust the fields based on your requirements for which info you need to export

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Thanks for the response @Mohamed_Hamdy  I wish if this option of looking out for osVersion is included in /api/v1/oneagents..

Maheedhar_T
Participant

Hey @SrikanthSamraj ,
If you're still looking for a way out and you are on the latest version of Dynatrace SaaS and Grail enabled, you can build up a query like this.

fetch dt.entity.host
| fieldsAdd osType,osVersion
| filter osVersion == "Oracle Linux Server 7.9 (kernel 3.10.0-1160.118.1.0.1.el7.x86_64)"

edit the filter to suit your needs.
Happy querying.😉
Regards,
@Maheedhar_T 

Maheedhar

Thanks much @Maheedhar_T. I'm yet to get my access enabled to use the latest version of Dynatrace SaaS with Grail enabled.

Featured Posts