cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I vizualize the host consumption per host?

soportetr
Guide

Hi everyone,

I would like to know where I can visualize how many host units each host consumes. In the previous account management design I had that option and I could export that data, but with the new design I can't find that section.

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I use this formula in Data Explorer to show the amount of HU by host by hour:
(builtin:billing.ddu.includedMetricPerHost:splitBy("dt.entity.host"):avg:auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(100))/(1000)

Try and let us know.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Hi @dannemca 

Thank you for your response. This formula will be very helpful. I just need to adjust it to show me the exact amount of host unit per host.

If you set your timeframe to last 1h, you will see the exactly amount of HU by host. At least the ones with fullstack.

Can you please explain how this formula produces the HU per host?

I don't know exactly, I just got the formula from the demo.live.dynatrace.com dashboard list and tested on my own env, and the numbers just matched.

Yeah, me too. It seems strange. It is a DDU metric and after a few divisions it concludes to the HU consumption. DT magic! 😛

Ahmed_Khaled
Helper

My team and I took the original formula and we edited it a bit to get the consumption for Full stack and for Infra only as well

Fullstack: (builtin:billing.ddu.includedMetricPerHost:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),monitoringMode(~"FULL_STACK~")"))))):splitBy("dt.entity.host"):avg:auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(200))/(1000)/(61)

Infra only: (builtin:billing.ddu.includedMetricPerHost:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),monitoringMode(~"CLOUD_INFRA~")"))))):splitBy("dt.entity.host"):avg:auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(100))/(1000)/(80)

Certified Dynatrace Associate | Vas Integrated Solutions

Viachaslau
Advisor

The simplest way get info via API and parse into CSV
maybe with new dashboard we can do it inside dyna, since external call possible to attach...

"""https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/environment-api/oneagent-on-host"""
"""https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/improved-supportability-of-dynatrace-oneagent/"""

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Licensing dashboard at BizOps, which also gives other metrics like DEM and DDUs

https://dynatrace.github.io/BizOpsConfigurator/#deploy/all/Licensing%20Overview

Kenny_Gillette_0-1684147075923.png

Dynatrace Certified Professional

HJ
Observer

Dynatrace runs a script that populates the billing hostunit ddu metric every 15 minutes. And only gives a grand total.. I am no expert in Dataexplorer and not a big fan of manually entered entitySelector based queries, since they are not selectable in the dropdown list and all manually entered text is prone to errors. 

So I decided to run a scheduled script to query the api and fetch the hostunit count for all hosts and I store the HostUnit count as a custom metric 'HostUnits' on those hosts 😬

We now have a nice way to slice and dice HU consumption from the Data Explorer ui. I can Split on hosts, filter on tags, management zones, hostgroups and some history..

This is a workaround of course.

It would be so nice if HU consumption was just made available as queryable host metadata, metric or property readily available in data explorer dropdown UI.

Featured Posts