cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get transaction flow map at one place like AppDynamics in Dynatrace?

kssreddy
Observer

Recently my management come up with the question to see all the applications/services flow at one place to check where exactly the problem/breakdown is happening and they have seen this view in one of the Dynatrace old offerings with Dynatrace client tool installed in user laptop and connect to Dynatrace server with port and credentials.

Dynatrace Smartscape Topology is not helping the view to identify break downs and transaction flow with number of requests and response time. Dynatrace is giving when we use service flow.

Can we get the application/service flow view like appdynamics in Dynatrace ?

3 REPLIES 3

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @kssreddy 

Please check Service flows for applications and user actions and Service flow

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Thanks @Yosi_Neuman for the response.

We can check Service flow for one application at a time but i am looking for all the applications flow at one place to check there are any issues or break downs in the flow for all my applications. If i have a view with all the applications that will help me to get a quick understanding which application or service is having the issue.

Hi @kssreddy 

IMO, when you don't have AI under the hood of your monitoring platform you indeed need a diagram of all your applications to try and find the RC of your problems with diagrams, on the other hand with dynatrace observability platform you are covered with DAVIS AI hence when ever there is a problem that involve few components you will find under the RCA also the Visual resolution path which will show you an overview of only the part of your topology that has been affected by the problem.
HTH 

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts