cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable a Service (startup type automatic) on specific server.

Ratnak
Participant

How to disable a Service (startup type automatic) on specific server, only automatic startup services need to be monitored except a single service.

6 REPLIES 6

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

It means, Dynatrace is discovering services automatically and you want to turn off some of them. It means, you do not want Dynatrace auto-discover some of them. Is that your use case?

If yes, you need to configure process group monitoring rules since Services are discoved by process related.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hi,

We enable the monitoring for services which are automatic start up type in global settings, but for specific server a single automatic start up type  service need to be disable but all other automatic services need to be monitored as usual.

Hi,

I would say create process group monitoring rules to those specific hosts.

Best regards

Thanks for the information, above link is related to process groups not related to Service disabling on particular server. but i want one particular service need to be disable on dedicated server.

Hi,

As I had just said, services are discovered for processes. You need to disable processes related to target services.

Best regards

Hi!,

According to this topic Exclude or Disable detected service, I'm afraid that is not possible to do it in "clean" way.

Maybe try to define request naming rules to group relevant from non-relevant requests and then "mute" them.

Or try to exclude web request url's (Settings->Server-side service monitoring->Deep monitoring).

Hope you find your solution!

"The lions does not ally with the coyotes"

Featured Posts