cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to list all Hosts currently in maintenance mode

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Our Infrastructure teams are looking for a way to list all Hosts (later all entities) that are currently in maintenance mode. According to this documentation it would be where Availability = Maintenance.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/hosts/monitoring/host-availability#maint... 

I'm unable to find any API call that would return such a result. Even worse, I see no UI page that would list the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

HigherEd
3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Currently there isn't an ability for that other then grabbing the API data for All the Defined windows. This would be a great RFE.

-Chad

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@ct_27,

Have you been able to solve this, or created a Product idea?

Antonio Sousa

I never got what I really wanted because DT makes it too difficult. Seriously, they need to over hall their Maintenance module because what they have now apparently is not flexible enough to provide customers the basic capabilities we're asking for and thus every day it's holding Dynatrace back more and more.

BUT we built something that's good enough....our own in-house solution (using NodeRed) that sends a daily report at 3:00pm every day with a list of...

- Problems OPEN TODAY && are CURRENTLY OPEN

- Problems OPEN BEFORE TODAY && are CURRENTLY OPEN

- Problems OPEN BEFORE TODAY && CURRENTLY OPEN && have NO ALERTING PROFILE assigned

- All other Problems OPEN TODAY && CURRENTLY CLOSED

- A list of HOSTS, ExternalSynthetics, Synthetics, HTTPChecks, and HYPERVISOR actively in Maintenance mode.

----Where entity has tag with key MM_ON (this is how we manually put things in maintenance mode)

This report has been a game changer for us because we visually see repeat bad behaviors.  What I thought Dynatrace AI was supposed to do for us but hasn't.  So we've been able to adjust maintenance windows to improve our Availability, we've noticed systems with errors that repeat on unusual patterns, we've seen related systems report unrelated problems that actually helped us catch unusual issues.

TODO: I have started development of a NodeRed UI to allow for realtime reporting of hosts in maintenance but I took a detour to try and do it the DQL in the Gen3 Dashboard.  Bad idea......I just got myself wrapped around the axel and walked away. Never completing the work. Need to get back to the NodeRed solution.

HigherEd

Featured Posts