cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress process group availability monitoring through Maintenance Window?

Hillman
Participant

I have currently setup availability monitoring which check on the process instance count within the process group.

However, when I try to setup the maintenance window to suppress the alert during a change, I have found that the alert still being triggered even if the process group has been included.

Is there any way to suppress the alert?

9 REPLIES 9

@Hillman Can you please check if you have selected the correct option under "Problem detection and alerting" in the maintenance window. This could be a reason for receiving alerts in maintenance windows 

p_devulapalli_0-1726547544268.png

Phani Devulapalli

Hi @p_devulapalli, I have tried that before but the alert still being triggered and the alert profile has been associated.

Hi @Hillman , probably next option would be to look at the filters used and if they are correctly scoped to include the process group

Also the alerts that are being triggered - are those being trigged during the maintenance window timeline or after the window has closed?

Phani Devulapalli

Hi @p_devulapalli , they are being triggered during the maintenance window.

Peter_Youssef
Mentor

Simply:

1. configure the maintenance window as per the intended time and occurrence times.
  2. you have two options to select from as per your requirements
  3. narrow the scope or increase it according to the shown criteria below.

Peter_Youssef_0-1726560337406.png

Peter_Youssef_1-1726560394128.png

Peter_Youssef_2-1726560492569.png

Thanks

Hi @Peter_Youssef , that's what I have been configured but the alert profile still being associated, thus generating incident tickets.

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Can you share your maintenance window?

@PacoPorro 

I have setup the maintenance window like this:

Hillman_0-1727086558625.png

Hillman_1-1727086580632.png

And the process group does have the tag assigned:

Hillman_3-1727086805308.png

However, the alert profile still being mapped to the alerts. Thus leads to incident tickets being generated.

Looks fine to me.
Try with support.

Featured Posts