cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install oneagent in infrastructure mode

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Hi,

Is it possible to, either during install or with command line options or otherwise to install OneAgent in infrastructure mode, meaning it should be similar to the older HostAgent installation?

Also including Log file monitoring should be included.

16 REPLIES 16

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

It's possible to parameterize the installer. Take a look at the sample command that installs the agent in Infrastructure only mode and enables an access to the application's log files:

/bin/sh Dynatrace-OneAgent-Linux-1.116.136.sh APP_LOG_CONTENT_ACCESS=1 INFRA_ONLY=1

where:

• APP_LOG_CONTENT_ACCESS=1, enables access to application log-file content on this host for problem analysis. In case it needs to be disabled, that parameter should not be present
  • INFRA_ONLY, enables infrastructure only monitoring. Two values are valid:
    • 1 - enable
    • 0 - disable
Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi, How do we do the same thing in a windows environment?

Hi Demo,

You will need to use the Windows installer for Group policy deployments. It comes with an msi file and a bat file with an example command line. In the bat file is where you specify INFRA_ONLY=1. See link for more details on this. Also be aware that you can alternatively enable/disable Infrastructure mode in the WebUI as well.

Thanks

NJ

Adding to @Ugochukwu N.'s answer, the same can be done when installing on Windows in interactive mode. Please bear in mind that Cloud infrastructure mode must first be enabled for your tenant via license settings, otherwise the checkbox will not appear. Furthermore, without this license setting being enabled the Cloud infrastructure mode will not work for your hosts.

Regards,
Tomasz

Hi Radoslaw,

infra agent applies on database and service bus systems?

Thanks , Dimitris

You don't have deep monitoring with Infrastructure mode, but plugins, OS and process level metrics are working.
Thus typically fits perfectly database servers. For service bus - depends on the service bus technology. If it's supported by Dynatrace, then a full stack deployment is recommended.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

rpena
Inactive

Hello,

Does this steps applies for AIX agent installations too?

Regards

Raul, you can find everything on installing AIX agent here:

https://help.dynatrace.com/get-started/installation/how-do-i-install-oneagent-on-aix/

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hello Radoslaw,

Thanks you for answering, I already checked the documentation and I don't see anything that answers my question.

what exactly you want to do with AIX agent? Install as infrastracture-only ?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

We want to monitor an Oracle Database server in infrastructure only mode located on a AIX OS, since is not necessary to install a full-stack agent because the OS host a Database.

How can I achieve this?

Never heard about supporting AIX in infrastructure-only mode. Maybe you can try OneAgent at AIX and later on disable database monitoring.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Is AIX possible to use in infrastructure only mode or not?

I think it's impossible since it's not the "fullstack" agent compared to Linux/Windows oneagent. It's just instrumentation of IBM JVM and IBM HTTP Server providing some OS metrics.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Are you aware of any plans to do a "full stack" / full version?

Hi @Tarjei U.,

we currently have an EAP program for full stack version of OneAgent for AIX, please contact your sales representative to receive further information.

Regards,
Tomek

Featured Posts