cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Caching issues in the Hosts app

It looks like one issue I saw in the past with Kubenetes Workload was fixed though I'm seeing a similar issue with Hosts. When I click on the Hosts app and select one of our Hosts and then click on the Host Group it kind of takes me out of the Hosts app section and brings me to Deployment Status -> OneAgents. Then if I click back on the "Hosts" app, it keeps bringing me back to the Deployment Status page. I'll then click on Kubernetes Workloads and then back on Hosts but it'll still bring me back to the Deployment Status page. It's nice to have the cached data so I can flip to various apps without having to start all over again though in this case the only way to get back to the actual Host app page is deleting everything after /dynatrace.classic.hosts/ in the URL above or wait for the cached session to end. 

Travis Ottelien
5 REPLIES 5

RomanW
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Travis! What you describe sound like bug, but I can't seem to reproduce that. Could you possibly share a couple of screenshots or a short screen recording? Thanks!

Hi Roman! As I was recording the session, I just realized there is a "Relaunch" button that resets the app page. This may be what I was looking for this entire time. I did create the recording though and can create a ticket to send it over (to keep data private) if you'd still like to see. However, I did use the Relaunch button in the recording as well which may cause some confusion on what I'm "calling out". Let me know if you'd still like it though.

Travis Ottelien

You're right, "Relaunch" is precisely for getting you out when you might be stuck. Please create a ticket and send over that screen capture so we can take a look, since I' confident we can improve the scenario you've described. Thanks!

I created request #157791 with the recording. Please let me know if you have any issues with it.

Travis Ottelien

piotr_lewandows
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

We have identified this specific issue and provided an improvement to Dynatrace v265 that will be released within 1-2 weeks.

Temporary workaround: New Tab would start Dynatrace without cache, same as mentioned "Relaunch" button.

Featured Posts