cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor APIGEE on Dynatrace

sbokhari
Frequent Guest

Dears,

Currently, we are mn=onitoring all our APIs via APIGEE. Thus, i need to monitor APIGEE on Dynatrace to monitor the full stack of our services.

*Note: our APIGEE is private cloud.

So, let me know if it is possible to monitor it in the meanwhile or not?

Thank you!

Best Regards, 

5 REPLIES 5

arnit_kashi
Contributor

Hi @sbokhari ,

Did you get an answer for that?

We are looking for this capability too.. 

Thanks,

Arnit

sbokhari
Frequent Guest

unfortunately, not yet.

mgome
Advisor

We've been monitoring our Apigee private cloud instances with Dynatrace for almost two years. We've instrumented all components, but for application monitoring the primary focus is on the routers and message processors. The routers being Nginx based are the primary view into API calls going through Apigee.  The message processors are proprietary, opaque, and normally just appear as proxies in service flows.  I've been trying to explore the message processors more in depth to expose more timing information around pre and post flows, but have not had much success because of their closed nature and lack of documentation.

Hello @mgome 

Do you have any updates regarding the requirements you were looking for?

Regards,

Babar

We have installed Dynatrace on our Apigee private cloud hardware, and get host level metrics, and service level information for the Api-router, but the message processor is an opaque service, and is not able to be instrumented.  (see https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-product-ideas/Improve-root-cause-analysis-with-problems...)

We found that problems with back end services tended to point to the api-router service, until we turned off anomaly detection for the api-router.

Featured Posts