cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mulesoft Cloudhub - Instrumenting via Java Tool Interface (JVM TI)

akader
Newcomer

Looking for some guidance on options for using OneAgent for Mule application on CloudHub.

The constraint: it is not possible to install software on the AWS EC2 host (worker) that is spun up when the application is deployed. One option I'm investigating is dynamically attaching native or shared libs for of agent as a custom Mule module/connector using the Java Tool interface. 

I'm aware of the ActiveGate option for CloudHub which appears to use APIs to pull some data but this does not appear to include PurePaths.

Any help, guidance, or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

david_lopes
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

You are correct, Cloudhub does not allow you to modify the JVM arguments, add external files, or modify the containers where the application runs. As it stands today it is not possible to get purepaths out of Cloudhub because of this.

There are customers reaching out to Cloudhub to at least include OpenTelemetry support, this way you could export the Spans to Dynatrace, and get the tracing done that way, I suggest you reach out to Cloudhub Support stating your interest in deep monitoring your applications and APIs.

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @akader I have the same problem. I leave you the link to guide to do this. https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-tips/PRO-TIP-Generate-distributed-trace-information-fro...

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Featured Posts