cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Management Zone Rule Design

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

It's nice that the Management Zone creation page has been redesigned and the search capabilities has been improved when it comes to searching for an entity across technology tiers (Services Vs Processes Vs Hosts). There is one thing that I'm not a huge fan of.

I cannot see all the rules available to me, only the first 20. The issue is that as we bring new technologies to the organization, we are not always sure as to how we can include them into a Management Zone. Prior we could see all the selectable rules without even needing to know them and then review what data exists on the entity which would be tangible for the Management Zone Rule.  

ChadTurner_0-1657717793268.png

Kind of like going to the grocery store and looking at something like Potato Chips, I want to see all the chips that are available to me so I can then make a choice as to what brand, type and flavor I want.  Yes I might have a particular brand in mind, like Lays Wavy Chips, but if Dynatrace came out with their own Square chips I wouldn't know about them as I don't see all the varieties available to me.  Granted this is a very simplistic and silly example using potato chips but sometimes we dont know what we can use to target entities, both for MZs and Auto Tags, and not having a full options list limits us. 

-Chad
2 REPLIES 2

apasoquen1
Helper

Couldn't agree more.

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Completely agree. Through ALL of the Dynatrace UI this could be improved.

HigherEd

Featured Posts