cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneAgent Availability Metric: No data - what does that mean?

tobiasmarkvart
Participant

Hi! 

So, from the screenshot below here, we have the Host Availability metric and the interpetation of the different states.

tobiasmarkvart_0-1686820667081.png

The on called "No data: Indicates that the host is working and OneAgent is active, but no data is being sent."

What exactly does this mean?
I have host where this has been going on for almost 24 hours, but all other metrics from the infrastructure and processes seems to work quite fine, so this is only for the Host Availability metric state.

tobiasmarkvart_1-1686820940386.png

Does anyone know exactly what this no_data state means? Because seen from the documentation above, it's not exactly not sending data.

Best regards

Tobias

3 REPLIES 3

I am also wondering what this "No data" state really means!

Anyone?

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @tobiasmarkvart 

It looks like OA is only collecting metrics for some reason they are not being passed to ActiveGate or the DT server.

I would suggest following a few steps:

• Verify network passes
  • Verifying OA log entries - if you want you can send us this log? Without verifying the log entries, I can't say too much.

Regards,

Radek

Have a nice day!

Hi Radek,

We are experiencing similar issues with some hosts. It seems that the agent sometimes takes too long (more than 60 s) to update metrics: see log file: e.g. 2023-07-12 10:11:13.448 UTC [0001c37c] warning [native] Update metrics took: 70399 ms. The times correspond with the times that no data is received, see graph. So the question why does it take that much time to collect the metrics, and if this is just the time it takes, should it not be better to increase the time the agent has to collect the data to two minutes. Now the customer is freaking out as it looks like his host is not available, whereas it is just the Agent that cannot do his job in time.

Regards,

Dave

Featured Posts