cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database table space alerting

vishal_shenduri
Observer

Hello All,

There is a requirement from the app team to get alerts on table space usage and Oracle listener down for the Oracle database.

Is there a way we can get the above alerts? 

Thanks,

Vishal

9 REPLIES 9

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Using Oracle DB extension, you will get additional metrics from your DB, and then, create metric events for the threshold you need.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Hi, I am trying to create a metric event and here is my metric selector, but alert is not working, not sure what is the issue. I have validated that there are two tablespaces which exceeds my threshold, this query is working in data explorer.

com.dynatrace.extension.sql-oracle.tablespaces.usage:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.sql:com_dynatrace_extension_sql-oracle_instance",entitySelector("type(sql:com_dynatrace_extension_sql-oracle_instance),tag(~"Department:X~")"))),or(in("dt.entity.sql:com_dynatrace_extension_sql-oracle_instance",entitySelector("type(sql:com_dynatrace_extension_sql-oracle_instance),entityName.equals(~"AB2~")")),in("dt.entity.sql:com_dynatrace_extension_sql-oracle_instance",entitySelector("type(sql:com_dynatrace_extension_sql-oracle_instance),entityName.equals(~"AB1")"))))):splitBy(tablespace)

Make sure to check the sampling interval rules in the metric event, on Advanced model properties. Normally is set to 3 samples in 5 minutes, but the data points from the extensions come every 5 mins, so this rule will never match.

@dannemca, That was the issue, when i changed it to 5 mins, it worked 🙂 Thanks! But I see the problem is getting created on the environment, not on the Oracle instance entity. Is there any way to configure that, so we can connect to the entity and related services etc.

Check if you have anything set on the "Dimension key of entity for events" field. I use here the "Oracle DB Instance" and works just fine.

I had the dimension as you mentioned, while it didnt work first time, now its getting generated on the oracle db instance entity. Thanks so much for taking time to respond.

Since we are talking about the problem on the Oracle DB Instance, Is there anyway to pull the problem to dashboard classic ? We can see it in DQL, but not sure how to get DQL query pinned to dashboard classic.

In the problem page, you can filter the problem you need to see, by summary or alerting profile, or entity, and the click on the pin to dashboard icon. This will create a tile with that filter applied and show you the problem count, and when clicked, will bring you to the problem page with the applied filter and problems list.

JuanVelez
Newcomer

Buenas tardes

Tengo una BD Oracle, y requiero monitorear el llenado del tablespace. Necesito creer un monitoreo para que este me alerte cuando esté este al 80% y un critical al 90 % la idea es que me alerte antes que este se llene. 

Muchas gracias por su ayuda. 

[Google translate:

Good afternoon,

I have an Oracle DB, and I need to monitor the filling of the tablespace. I need to create a monitoring so that it alerts me when it is at 80% and a critical at 90%, the idea is that it alerts me before it is full. Thank you very much for your help.]

Featured Posts