cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP Sessions hotspots with Symfony

JeanBlanc
Participant

Hi.

I'm trying to analyze method hotspots on a PHP application using Symfony.

Most of the time, session management seems to be bottleneck, but I can't drill down to be sure of the root cause.

JeanBlanc_0-1681479845944.png

JeanBlanc_1-1681480367792.jpeg

Somebody already has the use case :face_with_monocle: ?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@JeanBlanc,

Yes, check the Session Management code. It's showing as code, so verify how they are being managed.

Also, take a look at compilations. There are metrics for that, but you can also check "Code level" in the distributed traces and see them at the beginning of the requests. Had several problems with PHP/Symfony compilations in the past.

Antonio Sousa

JeanBlanc
Participant

Thanks @AntonioSousa 
I already try Code Level on some traces, but only Other time is shown.

JeanBlanc_0-1681734117349.png

How to deep dive ?

We tried changing disk where sessions are stored (network disk before, local disk now), but nothing change in response times.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

First of all, it doesn't seem to be Compilations, as the following would have to be appearing:AntonioSousa_0-1681747406697.png

It seems it might be interesting to see the full Code tab, if you can filter your data. Could you share it?

Antonio Sousa

JeanBlanc
Participant

Sure.

Most of the time, I only see SQL requests after the "Other" time as shown in the following example :

code_level_php-sessions.jpg

@JeanBlanc,

Given how late the __construct starts, I would check several PHP metrics in Data Explorer, including the ones related to thread and processes. Also check if you are using OPCache?

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts