cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible connect Kibana to local Node ElasticSearch

DanteP
Inactive

Hi!

i was wondering if is possible to connect a kibana instance to the local ElasticSearch of the nodes.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hello,

This is not fully supported by Dynatrace, but you could do it, I have seen this in offline installations.
Also any modification to self-monitoring the Dynatrace Cluster, should be confirmed with Dynatrace dev-ops team or you could be out of support. With the default installation Mission Control is aware of the health of your cluster and any modification could affect to this proactive monitoring behavior.

Best regards

Thanks @Rodrigo A.

The idea is check the rum Information without using another elastic node to where stream the information. Is that possible? (asuming the risk).

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Yes, it is possible. What data you would like to get out of it? Is there anything you miss in Dynatrace?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi @Radoslaw S.

The need is simple. Dashboard provided OOTB are great, but even with the new updates and new features the "capability" of the dashboards OOTB are.. laking, using the USQL and possibility to pin up at the dashboard have been great. Sadly for our internal users is not enought. They are requesting sandkey like / funnel like graphics over the RUM user data. And a Customization level equals to kibana / canvas / vega.

Sadly a new elastic stack install is out of the question, until we can provide a solution that fit the user (That's the idea of test kibana directly with the Elastic of the node)

thanks

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

There's /userSessionQueryLanguage/  REST API currently. If not for real time purpose, could export out data to tools like Tableu, Power BI and etc for the reporting.

imoskovko1
Inactive

We are also thinking about it... But as far as i understand metrics related part of the data is stored in Cassandra. So Kibana should connect not only to Elasticsearch engine but also to Cassandra db. Am i right?

AFIK connecting kibana to the local Elastic will only provide RUM data (Since is the one kept in the elastic nodes)

Featured Posts