cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service detection rules for gRPC calls

melory
Observer

Hi,

When I try to separate a gRPC call from the requests detected as "Requests to public network" it's not working. The support suggested to use the Service Detection Rules, but I tried a couple of different rules and didn't work either.

Does anyone know how to accomplish that?

2022-12-05 20_51_53-Window.png

The trace information looks like this:

2022-12-05 20_54_19-Window.png

7 REPLIES 7

EduardoDelBas
Observer

Same case here with over Dynatrace SaaS:

grpc://google.pubsub.v1.Subscriber

and

grpc://google.pubsub.v1.Publisher

Could you help us?

Thanks in advance

gerald_ehmayer
Dynatrace Advocate
Dynatrace Advocate

Hello, please check if you find the grpc path, e.g., "google.bigtable.v2.Bigtable" in the list of watched services ("publicInternetServices"):
see DebugUI > Cassandra-persisted configuration + Auditing > Part: Services configuration > Load latest JSON > "publicInternetServices" list

Hi Gerald, how can access to that option "DebugUI"?

Unfortunately this is a Dynatrace diagnostic feature that is not accessible per default. Please contact support for help or raise a request for assistance. 

Thanks for your info

elodie_lam
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

I agree with that idea, I have created a RFE: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/Service-detection-for-gRPC-calls-detected-as-quot-R...

Could you please vote? Thank you!

Jennny_hz
Observer

@melory I don't know if you still need help with this topic and from what I've seen @elodie_lam RF hasn't been released yet and we don't have a scheduled date.

However, I managed to break the service through a custom device by entering the called IP range.

To find the IP I checked some requests and established the range: for example 111.11.11.1 to 111.11.11.10
(the field only accepts 10 IPs).

Jennny_hz_0-1708958195384.png

Note: All other settings are customized and you can enter as you see fit.

After creating the custom device, this was the result in my environment:

Jennny_hz_1-1708958222239.png

Jennny_hz_3-1708960304347.png

Then I renamed the services and they were:

Jennny_hz_4-1708960346023.png

Jennny_hz_5-1708960369557.png

CUSTOM DEVICES MENU

The Custom Devices menu is not highlighted, you can access it by adding #newcustomdevices at the end of your URL, as follows:

Managed: https://{environmentid}.live.dynatrace.com/#newcustomdevices

Featured Posts