Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service duplication / Calculated metrics

Malaik
Champion

Hello All

Short question, see the picture below

Malaik_0-1624975731799.png

All my services are duplicated with one instance stopped once the second one was activated.

this is happen when we have a new release or when ?

All my calculated metrics based on these services are KO.

Thanks for your help.

Sharing Knowledge
5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Some of the service properies have changed and this resulted into new services being created. Or you added the host to a host group. 

To match it to the same service as before, you need to compare the differences and use the service detection rule. It also requires restart of the monitored process.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks @Julius_Loman for your time.

And what is the solution, all my tiles are blank, and I dont want to have the same problem in the future.

Sharing Knowledge

It really depends on what changed in your services. have a look at the metadata of the service now and before the change:

Julius_Loman_0-1625037300193.png

There will be a difference. Using the service detection rules you can override the detection.

Alternatively, you can also change the calculated service metrics using the API.  In the UI you can't change the service, but I guess you can do that using API.

Thanks a lot of man

What will be the the service detection rules if I want to keet the calculated metric even there is a new release, changes or other ?

Thanks

Sharing Knowledge

You should not have new services just by a minor change. I can't tell what was the cause in your case. In general this will not happen unless there was a major architectural change in the application.

The Dynatrace idea is to have the same services across your application lifecycle.

With calculated metrics you can have two options:

• create the calculated metric on a single service. The metric will be created only for the service. 
  • or create the calculated metric on a set of services by specifying conditions such as tags, web service names, etc. Then the metric will be created for each service matching the conditions. You can use the service name as the dimension in charts.

Featured Posts