cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thresholds in Data Explorer calculations

paulito
Frequent Guest

We want to create a health score for an application based on multiple KPIs and their respective weights.

For simplicity, let's say we have two KPIs: i/o wait time and CPU memory usage percentage.

The weights for each are 6/10 and 4/10 respectively.

We set the thresholds for i/o wait time as follows: 

paulito_0-1679599249622.png

and CPU memory usage percentage thresholds as follows:

paulito_1-1679599320988.png

I'd like to set the following values to each threshold: green - 100, yellow - 75, red - 0.

So if i/o wait time is 8% and memory usage is 87% our health score would look as follows:

75(6/10)+100(4/10) = 85

Is there a way to include thresholds as I've described into Data Explorer calculations?

3 REPLIES 3

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi Paulito,

Unfortunately, from Data Explorer, there is no way that the set thresholds on the charts generate problems. This is a convenience for analyzing the charts, so that you can quickly verify whether the thresholds are exceeded or not.

If you want to create alerts for these metrics (or new ones) you can use Metric Events: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/observe-and-explore/davis-ai/anomaly-detection/metric-events

Regards,

Radek

Have a nice day!

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I do not want these thresholds to generate problems I simply want to use them in calculations. I want to create a tile in a dashboard that changes value based on thresholds of KPIs. 

This doesn't seem possible right now though.

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Assuming you are handling with same units, maybe you can try some crazy math with Metric Expressions: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/observe-and-explore/explorer/explorer-advanced-query-editor#e...

The thresholds will be set based on its results and may fit your needs.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts