cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User action frustration ratio - Data Explorer

ThomasSchrauwen
Visitor

I'm new to Dynatrace and have little knowledge on SQL. Yet I'm trying to get 1 query that shows me the count of frustrating user actions, next to the total user action. This data should be grouped by user action and filtered only for my application.

It should result to something like this:

Action Frustrating Requests Total Requests
"Click on Search" 15 51
"Click on Start" 5 8
"Confirm" 1 98

I've tried it with builtin:apps.web.action.count, but then I can only group by on user action. I cannot see the frustrating calls and I cannot filter on my application only.
(builtin:apps.web.action.count.xhr.browser:splitBy("dt.entity.application_method"):sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(100))

I've tried it with builtin:apps.web.actionCount. Then I can filter on the other parameters, but not on user action.
(builtin:apps.web.actionCount.category:filter(and(eq("Apdex category",FRUSTRATED),in("dt.entity.application",entitySelector("type(application),entityName.equals(~"MES PRD~")")))):splitBy("dt.entity.application"):sum:auto:sort(value(sum,descending)):limit(100))

I cannot seem to get the combination of the two, or link them in some way. 

If there is another way to get this data outside of the data explorer, that's also okay.

3 REPLIES 3

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi @ThomasSchrauwen...

I'm not sure if it's not possible within one table. You can do it in two steps via the "User Session Query Language" and pin it on a dashboard. Then you have the values side by side.

andre_f_0-1663768156736.png

But that also depends on the amount of actions you want to look at. With many actions it can become tedious. If you want to do it this way, you can (maybe) simplify it a bit and clone the tiles first and then replace only the action name in the Dashboard JSON.
Hope this helps a little. But maybe others have a better idea how to solve it.

ThomasSchrauwen
Visitor

Thanks Andre, we've set it up like this indeed. A good plan B. Thank you for your response!

Viachaslau
Advisor

Add You cations to key user actions and you will have breakdown by name with OOB metrics with KUAs
And application you can filter with :parents
AKA: 

:parents
:filter(and(in("dt.entity.application", entitySelector("type(Application), entityId(APPLICATION-XXXXXXX)"))))

Viachaslau_0-1664796823757.png

Using session query -  it is always a risk that you will have sampling "feature"
when your result will be extrapolated instead of real query.
So USQL is good only for short timeframes.

Featured Posts