cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether Dynatrace support Network Vulnerabilities Identification?

VarunArora
Visitor

Hi Team

I am looking forward for some prompt response to understand if Dynatrace can be used to scan network level vulnerabilities apart from Application. To be precise , can it help organizations detect security vulnerabilities such as outdated and unpatched software, missing and poor data encryption, OS and security misconfigurations, and other human errors. 

Thanks for your support.

Thanks

Varun

4 REPLIES 4

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

At the moment, Dynatrace does not detect such vulnerabilities & issues.

This does not mean that it could be done. Effectively, with OneAgent, Dynatrace is very well positioned to eventually do that in the near future. But that is my personal view. If you need any type of additional info, you should check with your Sales Rep.

Antonio Sousa

Hello Antonio

Thanks for reverting. We are actually partnered with Dynatrace so just wanted to know if this can be customized to scan network vulnerability or it will not suit for the purpose now.

Hi @VarunArora,

As @AntonioSousa mentioned network scan for vulnerability is not possible now. In my point of view DT can extend yout security framwork, it could be an additional layer of defence but just for the appliacation runtime vulnerability detection (java, .net, php, node.js, go and container). It is really helpful to discover the vulnerable runtime elements. It provide a very good patch level view about it. There are other functionalities also: code level vulnerability analysis and real time application protection against injection type attacks (jndi, sql and command). So it is a really good tool for supporting your DevSecOps piplenes.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Thanks for answering. This help and provides clarification. Yes, the tool is very useful for application level scanning and is currently being used in that area.

Thanks

Varun

Featured Posts