cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoinject RUM vs Agentless RUM

Haziq
Observer

Hi I have a question regarding the use of agentless RUM vs Auto injected RUM.

Currently have a customer that have OneAgent installed on their application servers however they have RUM disabled. The RUM data being captured is through manual injection instead. 

I would like to clarify, do we get the same level of data captured from Auto injected RUM vs Manual injection?
I'd like to know because when viewing some JavaScript errors faced by customer applications, we are unable to view the stacktrace.
In addition are they missing out on anything by using manual instead of auto injection?
Since they have already installed OneAgent on their application servers, should they stick to auto injected RUM?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

islam_zidan
Champion

Hello,

They should be the same. Sometimes, the way of injection is affecting the traces on the backend, you need to recheck it and choose the best for you (inline, code snippet, JavaScript tag). you can also check with support through the chat for specific scenarios or cases.

Thanks,

Islam

Dynatrace Certified Professional - Dynatrace Partner - Yourcompass.ca

gbaudart
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

In certain cases, if you use agentless and if you activate cross-origin, it may be necessary to pass the x-dtc header into CORS in order to be able to link user actions (or errors) to backend traces.

documentation link : https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/platform-modules/digital-experience/web-applications/initial-setup/l...

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate Certified

Featured Posts