Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Certificate for Cluster Activegate issues

moses_ogutu2
Newcomer

Hi All,

Can anyone please advise?

I have set up a cluster ActiveGate (for testing Mobile RUM on internal network) and installed a custom ssl certificate, as documented in the link below.

Configure custom SSL certificate on ActiveGate | Dynatrace Help

The certificate seem to work fine but only for a short time then it reverts to a certificate issue by Dynatrace. The Dynatrace certificate is not trusted therefore cannot use it to test RUM.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this or if there is a workaround?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

You need to opt-out from automatic certificates -

And then go to Cluster Active Gate details page: Deployment status -> Active Gates. Then find you cluster AG, expand row and click configure. At the bottom you should find the option to upload certs:

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

@Radoslaw S. Thanks for getting back to me. For our case that option is already disabled as our cluster activegate does not have a public IP address. Please see the attached screenshot.

thanks

OK. I've updated my response. You need to go to cluster AG and upload cert now.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Thanks @Radoslaw_Szulgo

Once done, if we want to return to auto assign certificate, we just disable the option?

Sharing Knowledge

Hello @Malaik 

Yes. If you are aksing about the Cluster ActiveGate then, there will be a self-signed certificate on the disabling of "Domain name and SSL certificates management"/or if you are using a public IP address with the load balancer certificate.

If you are not using the public IP address/external DNS certificate then, enabling the "Domain name and SSL certificates management" should bring it back to the Issuer: R3, Let's Encrypt (SSL certificate) instead of the self-signed certificate.

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts