Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default RUM application vs. Application detection rules

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,

We have a situation where below java script is unable to instrument in the application's directory with the manual application or application detection rules even after defined JavaScript injection for all pages and providing JavaScript library location. (The application is without Web Server/or unsupported Web Server technology.)

But everything is working perfectly with the Default RUM application.
We want to use custom application instead of renaming the default detected application which is not recommended.

Regards,

Babar

13 REPLIES 13

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Did you checked advanced settings of default application? There is option for changing url where are sending data from ruxitagent and path from which agent is injected into the website. Be sure that you have proper settings for this in your custom application.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hello @sebastian k.

Default application does not have any issues and for the default application (as per catch all rules) we don't need to configure advanced settings.
When I create a manual application for the same URL/Domain and set the JavaScript injection for all pages and provide JavaScript library location then the ruxitagentjs in not injecting in that directory and giving me a 404 error.

Regards,

Babar

What when you leave it default in custom app?

Regards, Sebastian

Hello @sebastian k.

Apologies I could not understand. If your point is to keep the default application with the rename instead of creating custom application then I would like to share that recently I heard that if we use the default application then on any new release of the application will change the name to the default application.

Regards,

Babar

Babar I was on my mind to create new application rule without changing any advanced settings for a start. Check if this is working and than starting changes 🙂

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hello @sebastian k.

🙂 I started with the same mind but could not get any success, therefore, I asked in the community.

Regards,

Babar

Babar you are totaly sure after all previous questions where we tweaked multiple settings that configuration is the same for both of them? Generally error you have means that somehow beacon url is unreachable for js ruxitagent script. Are you able to catch fiddler session for default and custom application according to this steps:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/monitor/applications/troubleshooting/how-do-i-use-fiddler-to-capture-https-sessions-for-debugging/

?

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hello @sebastian k.

Yes. I am pretty sure because I did every step with a care just to make it work but JavaScript is not injecting on the location.

Regards,

Babar

And you are sure that all urls that are needed are in you new custom application? I mean that there is no option for having somehow double injection from 2 applications. I don't know if it possible but I didn't face such issue before 🙂

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hello @sebastian k.

Yes. I included the main URL and also the contained directory etc...

Regards,

Babar

I think support may help, without direct access I don't have any more ideas 😞

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hello @sebastian k.

🙂 OK. I will discuss with support also.

Regards,

Babar

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

We are seeing this issue as well.. @Babar Q.- what did support say? We have a ticket on this now.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Featured Posts