cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Application Name

Leyberson
Frequent Guest

Hello,

I have a gitlab ci pipeline for deploy applications and I'm trying to custom the name in dynatrace. I've already tried to set DT_APPLICATIONID, but it didn't work for me. Is there a way to force the application name on dynatrace?

regards,

Leyberson

5 REPLIES 5

matthias_dillie
Advisor

You cann't do what you need in  'Settings->Web and mobile monitoring->Application detection->Create application detection rule' ?
Maybe you can get the needed name outside of dynatrace and then define the application with this name using the api: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/configuration-api/rum/web-application-configura...

Regards

Matthias

Matthias, thanks for your answer, but unfortunately, I don't have permission to access the Dynatrace Settings or the API.

I have lots of services on Dynatrace and I need to setup the deploy so the name can be automatically  set during the deploy. I just need to remove a specific suffix, right now the applications are named like: application_name+suffix

Regards

Leyberson

Reach out to the Dynatrace ADmins, they can provide you with an API token that will allow you to post the application detection rules. It sounds like this functionality is critical for your process. 

-Chad

Thanks for your answer Chad

I'll try this, but I'll continue to look for a env variable or some other way I can custom the name in my deploy script.

Maybe you can post a 'product idea'. In the settings for 'process group naming', you can use patterns to specify the process group name. This should be added for the name of applications too.

Featured Posts