cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the endpoint for browser extension?

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello,

Maybe someone knows how to change the endpoint for browser extension?

One the our environment we have two identical Cluster Active Gates.

The CAG 02 was installed a few months ago and it's used to communicate and monitoring with the mobile application. In this week we installed CAG 05 and it's used to communicate with Azure. Also we'd like to redirect the traffic from browser extension to CAG 05.

At the time of creating an application for RUM browser extension, I don't have the option to choose an endpoint. The indicated endpoint is used to communicate with CAG02.

Example:

Is it possible to configure which endpoint to use?

(I didn't find information about this in the documentation: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/rum-browser-extension#configuration-endpoint)

Radek

Have a nice day!
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this, but for an automated injected app. Maybe for a browser app should be the same.

In Advance Settings of the app there is this part:

If I recall, that would change the reportUrl from the script that is injected to the new one. I don't recall if there is a global setting for the browser, but you can change the URL of the beacon for a specific app.

Cheers.

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I believe using multiple Cluster ActiveGates without a common DNS name or load balancer between them is an anti-pattern and should be avoided. Normally all activegates should be reachable via defined cluster ActiveGate URL.

What URL is configured in CMC as the Cluster ActiveGate URL?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I quote Radoslaw's answer, from related topic same endpoint | Dynatrace Answers : "You configure the endpoint in your Cluster Management Console (CMC) in Settings -> Public endpoints. This is the endpoint that in fact should hit your Cluster ActiveGates. The endpoint should be available publicly (for Public (M)RUM) and internally."

As described in that article, DNS resolving may be a solution to route traffic to certain CAGs, all operating under the same (FQDN) DNS name as set, above,

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Featured Posts