cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying Frustrating URLs

STEELERSROCK
Participant

I can easily see the users that are experiencing frustration.  These users are at different companies and each company has a distinct set of characters in their URL.   So, while I can see Bob and Joe and Fred and Lisa are having challenges, I don't have an easy way to delineate the company that these folks work for without going into each session.  Is there a way to group transactions that have these unique strings together and capture these so I can identify if specific companies are having more issues than others?

6 REPLIES 6

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @STEELERSROCK,

I'm trying to get the full picture of what exactly is needed, I think you can use naming rules for these actions by replacing values or even any other available options based on the case, mark them as key actions, adjust the anomaly detection if needed, and add them to a dashboard.

you can provide us with more details to give us more insights to be able to support with the right solution

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Thanks for jumping in!  

I'd like to be able to point to the specific customers that have the highest percentages of frustrating experiences without manually going into each frustrating session. 

Users access our site and each company has a unique string in their url's such as:

Company X  - /custsites/bjfwo66lp8y8ab/    

Company Y - /custsites/AJMwo65lf8y8gg/

etc.

There are various functions within each customer's site with this embedded character string.

STEELERSROCK_0-1693499100532.png

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

If the IDs you've mentioned are not changing and are already detected as actions then you can use the following as an initial USQL and adjust it based on your requirements,

select count(*) as ActionCount, name as ActionName, usersession.userId as UserId, apdexCategory as "Apdex Category" from useraction where useraction.apdexCategory="FRUSTRATED" and (useraction.name like "*/custsites/bjfwo66lp8y8ab/*" OR useraction.name like "*/custsites/AJMwo65lf8y8gg/*") group by name, usersession.userId, apdexCategory

also, you can add placeholders with processing steps to replace the character string with the company name if needed

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

This is very helpful!

I did not get the comment 'placeholders with processing steps to replace the character string with the company name if needed'.  This would be very helpful.

In the user action naming rules, navigate to the application's settings --> capturing --> user actions

then add a placeholder with processing steps such as the following:

Mohamed_Hamdy_0-1693540462584.png

Choose the source based on your requirements to be reflected as user action, also based on whether its load action or xhr action

Mohamed_Hamdy_1-1693540630158.png

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

in addition to the above solution you can use session and action properties as well, so you can track the sessions and actions by company ID, Note that this will consume DEM units

Mohamed_Hamdy_0-1693549992956.png

Featured Posts