cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Monitor application End to End from two different Dynatrace?

shashank_b_agra
Organizer

Hi, I am setting up Real User Monitoring in my Dynatrace environment and I have a requirement to do that for Mobile apps as well. We have one mobile app deployed on Android platform. It uses multiple web services, api gateway, middleware and downstream systems. So the Flow is like this -

Mobile App -> Api gateway (Akana) -> Fusion Middleware -> Down stream systems.

Now my API gateway (Akana) sits is a different part of network and deployed on a different Dynatrace say Dynatrace 1.

Fusion Middleware is deployed and monitored under different Dynatrace say Dynatrace 2.

Now how do i achieve end to end Monitoring in this case. Let's say the mobile app calls a web service GetCustomerDetails which goes to Akana and then to Middleware and then further downstream system.

Is it possible to see the end to end flow to see where are the failures?

3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hi,

the short answer is no. Not at the moment. but you can integrate those two Dynatrace environments and you can follow the calls (PurePath, Service Flow, ... ) between environments. But you will not see them in one view or one UI.. You can also add data to dashboards from the other environment for monitoring purposes. Davis also works inside a single environment.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks @Julius_Loman for the response. I was looking at this. Do you think this will work?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/configuration-api/remote-environments/post-remo...

Yes, that's it. However you don't need to configure that using API, there is an option in the settings menu that will allow you to do the same. It's located in Settings -> Integration -> Remote environments.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts