cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ruxit agent downloaded when IP is excluded on RUM?

jose_damian_rui
Organizer

Hello all.

I know that is possible to exclude IP address of RUM monitoring.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/real-user-monitoring/setup-and-configura...

So, I really appreciate if someone could confirm If ruxit agent is downloaded or not on client browser when IP is excluded on RUM.

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

After confirming with support, the screen shot shows how to block the IP's of Hosts/Servers, which in turn will not get injection. (This can also be turned off at the server level by turning off RUM) and additionally, you can include user IP's that will then ignore and not record/capture data on the end user's experience. But RUM is still injected at the user level, just not recording the user session per the IP Exclusion Rule

-Chad

So just to confirm.

If RUM is activated and IP rule exclusion is activated, traffic user session corresponding to this IP rule is not recorded, but however ruxitagent will be still injected.

Please let me know if I am right or wrong.

Many Thanks

that is correct, as the ruxit JS injection is done on the host that has the oneagent installed on. (Which can also be turned off at the host level) Then the user who accesses the Webui for that host is then recorded, unless their IP is excluded.

-Chad

jose_damian_rui
Organizer

So just to confirm.

If RUM is activated and IP rule exclusion is activated, traffic user session corresponding to this IP rule is not recorded, but however ruxitagent will be still injected.

Please let me know if I am right or wrong.

Many Thanks

Featured Posts