cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Intune monitoring with Dynatrace

gofman_anatoly
Contributor

Hello

Does Dynatrace have Microsoft Intune monitoring or has anyone implemented such monitoring?
I mean Microsoft Intune monitoring when it's a part of mobile applications traffic.
For example, we have a web application that runs both from the internal network and has access from the outside via Microsoft Intune. JavaScript is manually injected through a plugin so that there is no data from backend servers, just from browser. We see that there is a significant difference in load actions time and most of the time passes on request. According to network team the problem is in Microsoft Intune and they want to show it through Dynatrace.

Please advise.

Best Regards

Anatoly.

3 REPLIES 3

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi, as you're likely aware, MS Intune is a cloud-based service so you will not be able to use OneAgent for monitoring.

Monitoring via RUM browser extension might be your only option here, assuming you're able to install the Dynatrace Real User Monitoring browser extension for the users and configure it to monitor this web application.

How much valuable info you'll see and how deep you'll be able to get to Intune's overhead, will remain to be seen. Hopefully, you'll find info in the waterfall chart and requests that could help you isolate the problem. Keep us posted, if the RUM extension does help you! 🙂

gofman_anatoly
Contributor

Hi Andre

These are mobile browsers, so I'm not sure I can implement the browser extention RUM. I use agentless RUM and MS Intune part is not covered by this type of solution.

Best Regards

Anatoly.

Hi @gofman_anatoly ah yes, sorry I missed the part about it being mobile browsers.

I'm afraid there isn't much you can do then unless someone else in the community has some clever ideas.

Featured Posts