cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUM and PurePaths are not joining

serhat_balik
Helper

We've installed Dynatrace Managed server to monitor IIS, MSSQL backend and React SPA frontend. IIS and the Application are hosted on the same server.

We can capture user sessions without any problems, we can also see the backend transactions such as IIS & SQL calls, but front-end user actions do connect to backend triggered transactions in RUM.

I've tested if we were actually capturing those transactions by defining Client IP request attribute, and cross checking them with RUM data in diagnostic tools, yes we can. I've also checked service backtrace, and I can't see anything before these transactions.

Do you guys have any suggestions about what am I missing?

ye.png

3 REPLIES 3

Maybe can check if the load-balancer (or any other network appliances) fronting the web servers, got somehow stripped off the header/request required for RUM monitoring or not?  

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @serhat_balik 

Just double-check to enable the real user monitoring for the instrumented process groups.

BabarQayyum_0-1617078572444.png

Regards,

Babar

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

If the data is there on both sides (RUM / Service) the most likely cultrip is that something is stripping the necessary dynatrace headers to link those requests.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts