cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real User Monitoring Diagram 0..1 & 0..10 meaning

hqlee
Observer

We are trying to include this image from Dynatrace RUM in our documentation. However, we are unsure about the meaning of the values 0..1 and 0..10 in this diagram. Could someone help provide an explanation? 

hqlee_2-1691549618161.png

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

This notation usually is a relationship range - e.g. 0..10 means that there can be 0 to 10 children to a user action - in case of custom applications only 0 to 1. But I also do not get the meaning for web requests as I do not know of any hierarchy of request having child request in mobile applications...

iOS help: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/ios-hub

abdullahhhh0101
Newcomer

Absolutely, I can provide some clarity on the values in the diagram. The notation '0..1' indicates a relationship where the minimum number of occurrences is 0, and the maximum number of occurrences is 1. In other words, it's an optional relationship, meaning it may or may not exist.

Similarly, '0..10' signifies a relationship where the minimum number of occurrences is 0, and the maximum number of occurrences is 10. Again, this implies that there's flexibility in the presence of this relationship, with the potential for up to 10 occurrences.

By understanding these values, you can better interpret the diagram and its implications for your documentation. If you have any further questions or need more context, feel free to ask!"

Best regards,

Thanks Patrick_H and abdullahhhh0101 for the clarifications.

Does this imply that custom applications are restricted to a maximum of 1 sub-action per user action?

Furthermore, in the case of mobile app web requests, is there a limitation that these requests are capped at a maximum of 10 sub-requests? If I recall correctly, I don't seem to recall any specific limits being imposed on user actions. Your clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

For OpenKit (custom Applications): yes, only 1 child action is possible.
Regarding the web requests for mobile apps, I think the diagram is wrong - I do not know of a limitation of web requests as children of user actions, neither do I know of a concept of web requests that are children of another request. 

I see, thank you for taking the time to assist! Your clarification has been incredibly helpful.  😊

Hi Patrick_H, you are right. I have gotten confirmation from Dynatrace One team, the diagram is wrong, there is no hierarchy on web request and there is no limit of how many web request can be child of a user action. Once again, thank you!

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

The Diagram is already scheduled to be updated by doc team.

Featured Posts