cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session Replay not rendering correctly

brett_b
Participant

Hello,

What are the troubleshooting steps to perform when Session Replay doesn't load your CSS or images correctly?

I have a demo app hosted publicly with session replay, so it should be able to grab those resources. I also have the extension in my browser and enabled. Finally, I didn't see any errors in the Chrome console. Any clue where to check next?

9 REPLIES 9

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

What is the name of that extension you have running? is it synthetic recorder or Dynatrace RUM?

-Chad

@Chad T. Dynatrace RUM

I reached out to support who stated that "Looks like your browser isn't able to grab the actual resources. Session replay basically is saving the session's resources and the user's actions, and when you play it back your browser is actually making the requests to where those resources are stored and playing back the users actions the exact way they were performed. "

-Chad

But the ironic thing is, I generated the traffic from this same browser 😉 It's definitely able to hit those resources (without any auth required)

brett_b
Participant

Just gonna post this here in case anyone else finds it - "Did you turn it off and on again?" Clearing my browser cache seems to have remedied the issue. I tested in an incognito window and it worked, so clearing my cache and then re-logging into Dt seemed to resolve the issue

Thanks, Brett, for getting back with a solution! Very much appreciated.

Keep calm and build Community!

Brett thanks for sharing this 🙂 those steps now will be at the top of my list when others run into a similar issue 🙂

-Chad

lucacisoni
Newcomer

Thanks Guys, I have the exact same issue 

Just a question, that means that Dynatrace is "recording" the session via html technology? Are the CSS stored on Dynatrace for the replay also? I mean, if also the playback uses the original content and file of the site, what whether the CSS or js is changed in the application with respect to the time of registration?

Thanks for the clarification 🙂

Luca

Alex_hdez
Newcomer

I still have this issue, I've tried what you mentioned but did not work, I see these issues:

Alex_hdez_0-1700490838592.png

Featured Posts