cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynatrace rum slowing down page load for my application

avinash_pratap
Visitor

When I enable RUM for session monitoring of my java based application running on weblogic, the page load for every page becomes very slow. The normal time is less than 1 sec but after enabling RUM, it becomes over 15 seconds. Anyone else has the same issue ?

5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@avinash_pratap this should not happen. What options did you turn on in the settings for your application ? Please check the page loads in the browser's developer options (network tab) - it could be an infrastructure issue with your deployment.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Kindly raise the support ticket to find the exact root cause. I have came across such scenario with multiple customer where RUM agent result is slowness of application due to various miscellaneous reasons. Few of the reasons can be the agent script execution time, network latency, disk slowness or others.

KG

The doubt I have is, dynatrace ideally should issue XHR to dynatrace server, in that case it would send data in background and not affect the main application. Correct me please if I am wrong.

That is an ideal situation, but in real time I have seen otherwise where other request calls are getting hampered. Its better this get analyze with properly debugging post verifying logs.

KG

@avinash_pratap  yes, that's how Dynatrace RUM works. Still there can be issues with the way how your application is written. Please raise a support ticket or provide more details here.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts