API Synthetic - automaticallyAssignedApps

Bert_VanderHeyd
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro
  "automaticallyAssignedApps": [],
  "manuallyAssignedApps": [
    "APPLICATION-xxxx"
  ],

I am using monaco to manage synthetic monitors. Now I noticed that the API had an entry "automaticallyAssignedApps". Since I want to link a bunch of monitors with the same app and using the ID is less flexible I was wondering what this "automaticallyAssignedApps" is and how it can be used?

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Great Question. It might use tagging to automatically correlate.... or with AI, it could use the RUM data to link them together. For Example if you have a synthetic called EasyTravel Test, it will synthetically test your Easytravel app, which has Dynatrace RUM injected on it. Dynatrace will detect that Synthetic as such, validate the Synthetic ID then link it up to the application it tested automatically? 

I would need a Dev to confirm that theory tho. 

-Chad

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Dynatrace automatically assigns Applications to a Synthetic monitor when the monitor goes to a page that is already monitored using RUM. You do not need to add this assignment as it will automatically be picked up, and assigned, when the monitor runs. 

Hi @HannahM 

Do we have any setting to stop that automatic assignment?

Thanks,
sree

No, if the Synthetic monitor goes to a page that has RUM Injected it will pick up the RUM JsAgent injection and auto-assign the monitor to that application. There is no setting to prevent this. 
You might like to vote for this Product idea if you would like to have the option of preventing this.
There is also this idea to choose which Synthetic monitors affect the availability of a monitor. 

Thank you @HannahM for the confirmation, I just voted for product idea.

Regards,
Sree

Hi @HannahM 

Can we prevent this by removing JSAgent on those particular pages?

Regards,
Sree

Featured Posts