cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser monitor not working

sjrad
Newcomer

Hello,

I created a browser monitor but it does not detect any action.
How can I verify that it is running every 5min as configured?
Are there any logs that I can consult to check if there is a problem?
Are there network rights that I need to open?

Best

5 REPLIES 5

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Where is your browser monitor running from? A public location, or a private ActiveGate?

Antonio Sousa

A public location. Can you please see the attached document ?

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Is this Managed? This behaviour is often seen when the Cluster ActiveGate is rejecting the beacons being returned from the public locations. Please can you check that the following endpoints are exposed for the public locations to return data to:

beacon/[uuid]

Synthetic health checks /beacon/synthetic/[uuid]
HTTP Monitors /beacon/synthetic/httpresults[uuid]
screenshots /beacon/synthetic/screenshot/[uuid]
Browser Monitors /beacon/synthetic/browser/[uuid]
where uuid is the environment id. We prefer it if all traffic to beacon/ is allowed but understand that this too exposed for some customers, in which case the above endpoints should be allowed.
Alternatively, it could be that you need to add the IPs for the public location to your list of allowed IPs. You can find the list of IPs for locations on the frequencies and locations tab when you edit the monitor. There is a link at the bottom of the page to download or copy the IPs for the locations you are using. 
Otherwise, please ask on chat and we can check in the Cluster for the cause. Thanks
Synthetic SME and community advocate.

I recently ran into the very same situation. It was a Managed environment and a F5 web application firewall bug marked the Synthetic beacons as suspicious and dropped them.  

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hadn't seen the image. Looks strange, even if the destination URL wasn't reachable, it would give an error. I would say that it's better for you to use the platform chat, and ask if someone can check it out on Dynatrace's side.

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts