cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content validation rule for multiple URLs/pages

ravikiranchalla
Frequent Guest

Hello All,

I am working on Add content validation rule for multiple urls/pages. So I added a rule on one page to validate the text.

When I clikced on Recored Clikpath it is being stopped at the failed event and not proceeding to the next step.

How can we continue the flow in Recorded Clikpath, if the Content validation Rule fails. Is there any option or setting to continue.

I have attached a word document for reference. At step 8, it stops due to content validation failure, but it should continue to the next steps also.

Regards,

Ravi.

8 REPLIES 8

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @ravikiranchalla,

I will assume that you've configured everything properly except for the rule, I think you've configured the rule to "fail if" "RiskMark" is found, please correct me if I'm wrong, in that case, you need to change it to "pass if" "RiskMark" found, so once "RiskMark" is not detected it will fail.

keep in mind that you need to add a proper option for "Amount of time to wait before the next event is triggered" to make sure that the page is completely loaded

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

ravikiranchalla
Frequent Guest

Hi @Mohamed_Hamdy ,

Thank you for the help & reply.

My requirement is, irrespective of Pass/Fail of the "Content Validation Rule", the next event should be triggered. 

Thank you @ravikiranchalla , as @AntonPineiro mentioned, If validation failed, the flow will stop in the failed event.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

That is not possible. If validation fails, script will stop in that step.

You can raise a product idea about this.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

ravikiranchalla
Frequent Guest

Hi @Mohamed_Hamdy and @AntonPineiro , thank you both for the response. 

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Can you please guide me on how to configure an alert in case of a Synthetic monitor failure. I created an alerting profile, but not sure how to set up an alert or mail communication in the event of failure.

Hi @ravikiranchalla ,

Regarding Synthetic Alerting please check Synthetic Alerting Overview

Availability and Slowdown alerts (Problem severity level) pertain to Synthetic Monitoring. 

please let us know if you have something that is not clear

ravikiranchalla
Frequent Guest

Hi @Mohamed_Hamdy this helps, thank you again for the help and support.

Hi,

And after you have your alerting profile defined, you can send Dynatrace notifications via email.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Featured Posts