cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update Frequency on synthetic monitors?

reginjenci
Newcomer

In the Synthetic monitor, how can I specify the frequency hours as 8 hours or 12 hours? Please guide me.

5 REPLIES 5

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi @reginjenci,

for an existing monitor you can click on "edit" and select "Frequency and locations" in the monitor settings menu.

andre_f_0-1661321151614.png

There you can change the frequency. For http monitors it is possible to choose between 1 min and 60 min. For browser monitors it is to choose possible between 5 min and 4 hours.

andre_f_1-1661321173506.png

Thanks for the reply. I need the monitors to be executed every 8 hours or 12 hours. Is there is an option to do that.

Please check the environment API v2. There you should have an option to trigger on demand executions:

andre_f_0-1661321963273.png

I already linked to the documentation in the other post. You might be able to solve it via a script, so that you trigger the monitor via the API every 8 or 12 hours.

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

If you only want to run the monitor every 8 or 12 hours, you might be able to solve it using the on-demand function. Please also check the API section in the linked documentation.

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

As a work around you can also set up a reoccurring maintenance window that will suppress runs at a certain time. then allow it to run at another time. Dynatrace does not have the ability to set larger intervals as you are requesting, you can put in a RFE for that function though and maybe it will be provided in the next few updates 

-Chad

Featured Posts