cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE support for HTTP monitor

shilpi_mukherje
Participant

Hello Experts,

Is there any plan to support IE in HTTP Monitor? One of the packaged application has support for only IE browser, and we have instrumented OneAgent monitoring without Real User Monitoring. Please suggest how can we monitor the availability of this application using synthetic monitor (Browser clickpath or HTTP Monitor).

Regards,

Shilpi

7 REPLIES 7

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hello. Id recommend taking a look at this other posting as it covers exactly what are are looking for 🙂

https://community.dynatrace.com/questions/237793/view.html

-Chad

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Given that you are talking about HTTP monitor, I thought it would be as simple as setting an additional HTTP header. But Dynatrace checks for that, so your best option here is creating an RFE. For the Browser clickpath, please check Chad's recommendation.

Antonio Sousa

The User-Agent string can be entered earlier on in the same page you were looking at.

Have to get some glasses 😞

Antonio Sousa

Hi @Antonio Sousa - you can try to open the image in the new tab or download. Then you will be able to see it in a much bigger resolution.

Hi Laima,

Was just kidding a little bit with myself, as I should have seen previously what Hannah suggested. In fact, both screenshots are from the same page, but I had overlooked the option that Hannah high-lightened 😉

Antonio Sousa

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Shilpi,

HTTP Monitors do not use a Browser, so I'm not sure why you would want to emulate IE in them. You can modify the User-Agent string in case your endpoint is expecting something IE related.

For Browser monitors, Chad has given a great link.

Best wishes, Hannah

Featured Posts