cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic outage display

adm
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Is there any significance to an outage not showing up as a red dot on this plot? 

image.png

3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

the chart you are showing is the time it took for your synthetic to complete. if there was an error or outage you would see a red dot. There are multiple graphs and multiple levels, if you are missing some red dots, make sure you are not narrowed down to a specific location and an specific action of that synthetic monitor. 

-Chad

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

There are cases where you will not see red dots in case of errors. I have seen it in several different cases, and I give one below. This first graph is the traditional view by default:

AntonioSousa_0-1628011619864.png

Notice that there are few red dots. Now, in the same page, if I select "Action type"->"All actions", and then select "Performance metric"->"Total duration", I get the following graph, with much more red dots:

AntonioSousa_1-1628011735843.png

Please notice that besides the red dots increasing a lot, the times have changed, because "Visually Complete" and "Load duration" are completely different in this case.

It seems to me to be related with the type of errors that occur, but in any case, I would like for them to be clearly visible in the graphs.

Antonio Sousa

adm
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

yep, the "Total duration" setting is what I needed here. Think someone mentioned to me once but I forgot about it. Thanks!

Featured Posts