cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what libraries are supported in javascript synthetic event?

mhlamine
Contributor

We need to add some token generation code in javascript before some steps in synthetic monitoring.

What is supported and what is not in javascript synthetic event?

8 REPLIES 8

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @mhlamine 

By default, Dynatrace tries to use the same settings as configured for the real user monitoring application visited by the synthetic monitor to generate comparable data. If you enable the advanced settings, these settings will be used instead.
Babar_Qayyum_0-1647953297152.png

Regards,

Babar

we are talking about synthetic monitoring javascript event here not RUM.

i have a http monitor or browser monitor and i need to add a step to calculate a variable that i will use in my monitor.

Hello @mhlamine 

Oops! I misunderstood.

I am not sure whether you had already gone through with the below and was this helpful in your case or not.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/synthetic-monitoring/browser-monitors/sc...

Regards,

Babar

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

We support a subset of JavaScript libraries. I doubt it includes token generation. However, you can just paste in the library code. I know customers successfully do this for CryptoJS for instance

Hi Hannah,

we need to use  : ajax/libs/forge/0.9.1/forge.min.js

Regards.

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Yes, you would need to add the code from the js into the pre-execution script. Since the js is 283kb, it is above the default size for pre-execution scripts, 50kb, so for the moment, you will need to create a Support ticket and request that this setting is increased. Soon you will be able to do this in the monitor itself, in a new Advanced Settings tab. 🙂

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Apologies, on having checked further, the maximum size for a pre-execution script is 100kb, so unfortunately not large enough for this js. I have mentioned this scenario to the Team Captain for this.

it is strange because in the browser monitor javascript synthetic event there is no limit to the script size.

Featured Posts