cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you set a Custom Event for Alerting for a specific Queue of IBM MQ?

netanelad
Contributor

I am monitoring with IBM MQ plugin and I want to set an anomaly detection for a certain behavior in a specific queue, but fail to see how. I did not find my solution in any of the Plugin Events given by the IBM MQ plugin.

5 REPLIES 5

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In general if you don’t have available metric in custom alerts settings, you will not be able to make such alert you need by default. Check there, if not you can always post an RFE. What you are trying to setup?

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Plugin metrics are not "baselined" at the moment, thus you won't have any anomaly detection (you can evaluate only against fixed values). You can, however, setup custom alerts on the metrics that are provided by the MQ plugin. Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Use custom events for alerting in global settings, select your MQ metric you want to alert on and define a threshold. The metric dimension setting lets you select a specific queue in case you dont want to alert on all queues but rather pick one specific.

Best greetings,

Wolfgang

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Just as @Wolfgang B. stated, you will configure these alerts via custom events. Keep in mind, this may count against your custom metrics quota.

-Chad

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @Netanel A.

Check out this RFE thread, lets continue there

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts